Duration: Permanent Position
Location: HEAD OFFICE (Port of Spain)
The ICT Technical Support Officer is required to provide efficient technical support to the organisation; by assisting the ICT department in providing sound solutions to stakeholders. The position is required to assist / lead with the installation, maintenance and upgrade of the hardware and software needs of the company. He/she will be required to monitor, support, maintain and provide general assistance with the network infrastructure, IT security, the server and server room as required.
He/she may be required to assist with training stakeholders and end-users in the use of identified software and/or hardware and provide help-desk services. The position may be required to visit the branches of the organisation to resolve IT issues and/or perform other IT activities.
The role is required to complete analysis of assigned issues, be meticulous, detail oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines. The role is required to portray a pleasant attitude and professionalism in all interactions and be able to efficiently reframe difficult situations. He/she must be a team player.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of the Credit Union.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with the assessment of IT assets; provides feedback to allow for sound recommendations regarding upgrades, replacements and/or repairs
- Reviews and assesses incident / help reports assigned and makes sound recommendations for resolution
- Assists with the preventative maintenance plan for all ICTResponsible for ensuring that maintenance is completed as per schedule
- Assists with the maintenance and updating of the license register for software licenses and licensed agreements
- Assists with monitoring the Cloud infrastructure and supports resolutions of issues
- Assists with all requests for configuration changes, review requests to ensure alignment with approved security levels, requests etc.
- Provides updates to the system configuration documentation and license support agreements.Highlights anomalies as required.
- Supports the network security by ensuring that all security patches and updates are completed as scheduled and assigned. May be required to review security breaches within scope and provide recommendations
- Assists the updating of the network diagrams as required
- Assists in providing access to authorised devices to corporate network as per approvals
- Keeps updated with industry best practices; researches solutions and provides sound scheduled and adhoc reports as required
- Supports the conferencing needs of the organisation for Annual General Meetings, Special General Meetings, Board Meetings etc.
- Supports the core applications / software utilised by the organisation, ensuring that there is maximum availability to all end-users. Supports resolution of queries.
- Provides general Administrative support to the department as required
- Assists with special projects/assignment and attends committee meetings and training as required
- Performs other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time
Education / Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent and/or
- Recognized certification in Networking, A+ and PC repairs an asset
Minimum of five years previous related working experience
- Working knowledge of IT operating systems eg. Windows, Office 365, an asset
- Working knowledge of the installation of IT hardware and software
- A suitable combination of experience and qualifications may beconsidered
SPECIALIZED SKILLS/TRAINING AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must be able to work in a professional environment
- Must be detail oriented and meticulous in approach
- Must be a quick learner with a sound work ethic
- Good trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good analysis and report writing skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- High integrity and ability to treat confidential information with great discretion
- Strong collaborative skills, pro-active self-starter with strong follow through
- Takes an active role in company initiatives
- Able to operate under tight deadlines, with multiple priorities
- Good communication skills – with the ability to interact with all stakeholders including the Board, General Manager, Management, Staff and shareholders.
- Must be able to foster and maintain a cooperative work environment.
- Must have be flexible with the ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situations.
NB: We thank you for your interest in working with RHAND Credit Union – please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.